Monday, June 3, 2013

Thanks Dad 5/29&30/2013



My dad raised me to do things right the first time not half ….well you get the point. This has stuck with me my whole life & I always try to do things right the first time so I don’t have to go back & redo it, which wastes time. So on our last day in the house hubby wanted everything out & into the trailer so we could clean clean clean. I was trying to organize so I could put it in there, but he was just shoving everything into every possible space. When I walked out to see it I’m pretty sure my eye twitched in a not so good way. “uhhh” is what I said & he replied “I’m not worried about that right now, we’ll get it all straightened later”. He knows me so well, but I know him too. I knew I would be the one to have to straighten it all up & find a home for everything while he relaxed outside reading his book & drinking his wine. Needless to say I was a bit irritated. So thanks dad for turning me into an OCD person…kidding. I tried to be optimistic by thinking that since I had to put all our crap away then I would at least know where everything was, which comes in handy since everyone comes to mom with the old familiar “mom where’s my____”. For almost 3 days I lived in an unorganized mess & it was driving me crazy. I kept thinking of where stuff would go, but we simply didn’t have the space for it all. I’m surprised I didn’t fly off the deep end, but we were creative & with some rearranging we are good to go. Still a few odd ball things lingering around, but nothing that makes my blood pressure rise (well not too high anyway). I have to keep telling myself that once everything is put away in its place then everything will be fine & we can concentrate on having a good time & began making lasting memories. Well that’s my plan anyway. Even living in simplicity with very little still takes up time, but nothing like before. I’m sweeping the floors multiple times a day due to the foot traffic & nature finding its way in. I could easily wait until the end of the day & sweep only once, but I can’t do it. I can’t see leaves, dirt & mud on the floor & do nothing about it. That’s just lazy & not the way my dad would want me to leave things, right dad? What would be next? Leave my shopping cart in the parking lot w/out putting it away? Nope, that’s just not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment