Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Birthday Girl!! 10/18/16

Happy birthday to my sweet baby girl, Emry! She turned the big 4 today and she was ready for it, although I wasn't. I got a video of her as she woke up and she had her usual crazy hair. I asked her if she knew what day it was and she said “no” then I told her. She walked away & yelled to her siblings “today's my birthday!” She had to tell them twice in case they didn't hear her the first time. She showed me with her fingers how she used to be 3, but now she's 4. We took her to eat at Waffle House then to get an ice cream cake so we could celebrate at the camp ground. She wanted a horse cake, but I knew that would be hard to find here on such short notice, but she was happy with an ice cream cake. We spent the afternoon fishing before cake time. Once again guilt set in for me because we didn't have her school friends around to do a big party and have lots of presents for her, but I was happy her little friend came over & I invited the family to have some cake. We don't have a lot of room in our fridge/freezer so I was glad they helped eat some cake. I know things are different when you hit the road full time and change to a minimalist lifestyle, but I hope my children see that even a simple party with family is still something that can be fun, special & something to cherish. I do try my best to make them feel special and that their day is indeed a big deal. I hope they feel my love for them thru the things I do whether it's big or small. Of course I tell them all the time how much I love them, but I don't think they'll truly understand a mother's love until they have babies of their own. I know I didn't understand until I had my first. Happy birthday Stinkers! Your sweet smile warms my heart and your stubbornness reminds me how much we are alike. Your spirited personality is like non other and you have the best dance moves. You crack me up daily & I love you more than all the chocolate in the world. Please don't grow so fast! Stay wittle!



No comments:

Post a Comment