Friday, January 13, 2017

Three Springs, Columbia, KY 10/8/16


Well this didn't turn out the way we had planned. About two months ago I made reservations at an approved Amazon campground (Green River Stables). I called a month later to confirm & the guy said “yes I have you down” however he never took my credit card information, phone number or anything. I was skeptical, but he said he went by his word. Ok, it's a southern thing, I get that so I felt we were good to go. The day we were supposed to arrive at this campground, hubby saw an online review that stated “if you have reservations at this place you'd better call because we had reservations and just arrived only to be told they had no room for us.” Hubby told me to call to verify since we would be there in a few short hours. I called & sure enough they “had some contractors who extended their stay due to bad weather at their destination and can't leave just yet.” Heck that's not my problem. That's not how reservations work. When the current person's time is up then they leave so the new people who have a reservation can come in. It's not rocket science. There are other places along the way those contractors could have stayed. Needless to say I was not a happy camper and it turns out this happened to at least six other Amazon workers who were coming in to stay at the same place. Not good business practice at all. Grrrrr! I quickly scrambled to find the other approved campsites before they filled up. Only one campground (Three Rivers) had openings and unfortunately it was about a 30 min drive to the Amazon distribution center from there. I wasn't thrilled about having our only vehicle for 11 hours while leaving hubby at home with three kiddos. What if there was an emergency? We didn't have a choice at that point so we took it. On the bright side it would only be for about three weeks because I was on the waiting list at the State Park to move in after their Halloween celebration. The campground at Three Rivers had NO amenities EXCEPT wifi. No bathrooms, no showers, no laundry, no playground, no dog park, etc. It looked like a grass field that was cut into a horse shoe shape then fitted for rv sites. It was very peaceful there, but there was nothing. The girls tried riding their bikes on the gravel road, but it wasn't the best. There was however an underground shelter of some sort, I'm assuming in the case of a tornado. I was happy about that. We only stayed for three days because this mama worked her magic and got us into a way better place closer to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment