Friday, April 26, 2013

Look mom, mom look!

As a parent we hear these words daily "look mom", but it seems like my 5 year old daughter has to say these at the most inappropriate times....like when I'm driving. I've told her "I can't turn around & look at you or else I can wreck, do you want us to wreck?" She smiles & tilts her head with her usual "nooo". I'm thinking that I should glue a bunch of eyes all around my head so that it appears I am looking at her all the time. Maybe then she'll ask me not to look since my eyes are in her direction at all times. Now before I get the negative remarks, I do look at whatever it is she wants me to see, but just not when I'm driving or if I'm in the middle of changing a poopy diaper. I know how many precious & wonderful things they do when they think we are not looking as well as when they ask us to look. I know I could miss out on something great if I never took the time to look up from what I'm doing. Today her "look mom, mom look" while I was driving her to school was this: slowly moving her head & her eyes from her left to her right. Uhhh....yeah not sure what that was about, but the silliness of it did make me laugh. What will her next prompt be?

No comments:

Post a Comment